Wednesday, December 10, 2008

You might be a yoga geek if . . .

  • You take pictures of your pets and/or children striking yoga poses.
  • There are dirty footprints on your walls.
  • You know words in Sanskrit that you can’t remember how to say in Spanish.
  • You use a neti pot.
  • You videotape yourself practicing yoga.
  • You dream about yoga.
  • You’ve convinced your partner that the most practical thing to do with the spare bedroom is to turn it into a yoga room.
  • You have a special bookshelf designated for your collection of yoga books.
  • You pack yoga props for business trips and vacations.
  • You’re considering a yoga conference or a meditation retreat for your next vacation.
  • You spend enough time on yogajournal.com to qualify as a part-time job.
  • You do arm balances at dinner parties.
  • Your teacher has a worn-out yoga mat and a copy of Light on Yoga that’s losing its binding, and you think it’s cool.
  • No one ever seems to want to carry on a conversation about yoga for as long as you do.
  • Your girlfriends ask you how your husband feels about all the yoga stuff you do.
My name is Melissa, and I am a yoga geek.

8 comments:

Marya said...

ha ha! Love it!

shinyyoga said...

hehe cute! I was reading the list, nodding my head, and laughing out loud! Gold ;) X

Laura said...

Yep, include me in to the geek squad!

Karen said...

I'm a yoga geek - and proud!

YogaDawg said...

Oh man, I just bought a nedi pot and turned the upstairs office into a yoga studio. I am well on my way....too funny!

Connie said...

I just got a neti pot too...and our spare room has been a yoga room since day one. Yay!! I'm proud to be a Yoga Geek!!

Peace & Love.

YogaforCynics said...

Jeezus...I fit a lot of those. Then, considering that, in many cases, words denoting practices (or, I should say, "habits") far less healthy could have been substituted for many of them...guess I'm doing pretty well....

Ritesh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.